Sunday, August 21, 2005

China to Supply 50 per cent of World’s Digital Set-Top Boxes by 2010

From Indiantelevision: China to supply 50 per cent of world’s digital STBs by 2010

"China supplied 35 per cent of the worldwide digital set-top box market (including the Chinese market) in 2004, and more than 50 per cent of all worldwide digital set-top boxes are forecast to be produced in China by 2010.
This data is contained in a new report from IMS Research called "The Chinese Market for Digital Set-Top Boxes".

This study reveals that China produced more than 17 million digital set-top boxes in 2004, which accounted for around 35% of the total worldwide market (including China). This figure has already made China the largest digital set-top box production base in the world. The production volume of digital set-top boxes in China is forecast to grow at a 21 per cent CAGR over the next five years to reach 56 million units in 2010. This means that over 56 per cent of the worldwide digital set-top box supply in 2010 is envisioned to come from China."


Post a Comment

<< Home