E-agency Predicts China Will Take over Internet In 2005
From dBusinessNews: E-agency Predicts China Will Take over Internet In 2005
"E-agency, an interactive marketing communications firm based in Oakland, Calif., predicts this will be the year that the number of Internet users worldwide tops 1 billion -- led by China. The number of Web searches will pass 5 billion per week. We'll use the Internet more than ever: at the office, at home, on our phones, at the coffee shop or the mall, even as we look for a parking place. This will be the year that the couch potatoes beat the geeks, as the control centers of our home networks move to the comfortable confines of our home entertainment centers -- which quite likely will be made in China."
E-agency predictions about what the New Year holds for our increasingly online world:
1) China. (It will be obvious.)
2) "Branding" will be the corporate buzz word of 2005, and for good reason.
3) Mainstream business will finally "get" blogs.
4) The home network will be controlled from the home entertainment center.
5) We will (almost) all download a movie this year -- most for the first time.